If all the requirements are met, there is the possibility of accessing the new flat rate scheme 2020.
The classification of the activity codes is as follows:
- Section C: manufacturing activities
- Division: clothing packaging
- Group: packages of articles of clothing excluding articles of fur
- Class: packaging of articles and accessories other than leather clothing, workwear, other outer clothing and underwear
- Category: sportswear and special clothing
- Sub-category: production of baby clothes, sports suits, ski suits, swimwear and the like
- When opening the VAT number, it will also be necessary to choose the accounting and tax regime to which to submit. The choice is now limited to two ways: either the flat-rate regime or a traditional tax regime is chosen
Procedures following the opening of the VAT number
After opening a VAT number, you need to register with the providential fund or with the INPS Separate Management, after which you can start to carry out your activity as a freelancer, of course without forgetting the annual management and maintenance costs. The costs of a VAT number are divided into fixed costs and variable costs: the first are the chamber law, the INPS and INAIL contributions, the expenses for the accountant, those for bookkeeping and stamp duties; the latter are the costs that depend on the rates set by law on the basis of the tax regime to which they belong.
While carrying out your profession, you must never forget to keep all invoices issued and received, as the taxes and contributions to be paid will be calculated on the basis of these. Using the tax refund calculator comes useful there.
Tax advice for freelancers: how to save
For a freelancer it is essential to keep a careful management of its expenditure, keeping under controls the costs and revenues. To ensure that the freelancer can save on expenses, and therefore on the taxes to be paid, we have some suggestions to offer:
Know which expenses are deductible or deductible: medical expenses, some insurance contracts, expenses for educational or refresher courses and the like are deductible expenses for the freelancer.
Choose an appropriate legal form: as already mentioned, this is a fundamental aspect. In fact, the appropriate corporate form can save on the taxes that the professional book must pay annually and thus speed up the bureaucratic procedures.
Company car and telephone expenses: it is possible to deduct the costs of purchasing and using the company car up to 100%. If, on the other hand, it is a question of vehicles used by commercial agents or representatives, it is possible to deduct expenses by 80%. Telephone charges for mobile phones for business use only can also be deducted up to 100%.